Wednesday, April 2, 2014

One Question Wednesday with Jasinda Wilder

This is the VERY FIRST installment of ONE QUESTION WEDNESDAY where I track down our favorite authors and ask them one random question - completely unrelated to writing. I also answer the question PRIOR to receipt of their response and then I invite you to do the same in the comments below!

Here goes:
Our VERY FIRST Author for OQW is the beautiful and talented JASINDA WILDER
 
(insert mad flailing here) I just finished her EVER TRILOGY and Holy Toledo did those books have me all wound up. If you haven't read this series, you must. Just AH.MAY.ZING and possibly the reason I will have to pull a few all-nighters to meet my own deadlines...I just couldn't pull myself away, no matter how loudly my own characters were yelling for me.

The ONE QUESTION was:


If you could choose one TV series character, past or present, to be for the next month, what character would you choose and why?

Jasinda's Answer:

I’d probably choose to be Sookie, from True Blood. It would have to be the Sookie from the seasons where she’s with Eric, though. I always thought Sookie was a badass character, dealing with a shitload of problems one after another. She never whined about it, though, she just dealt with it and kept going. And I really liked that she was never shy about her sexuality, taking what she wanted without apology. That’s hot, to me. Powerful women are a thing of beauty. And Eric….mmmmm. Yummy. I was Team Eric from the first book, and I’ve read the entire series except the very last one. Eric is a perfect alpha male, to me. So yeah, I’d be Sookie, because Eric. 

My Answer:
I would choose Peyton Sawyer from One Tree Hill. Peyton and I have a lot in common as far as the passion for art and music. However it took me until I was forty-something to realize what art and music did for me emotionally and therapeutically. Peyton’s in high school and she’s got that piece all figured out.
I would want her bedroom! Floor to ceiling albums, an old school record player and walls showcasing her artwork inspired by everyday highs and lows.
And, since I’d be in high school and not 43 and married, I’d DEFINITELY want her boyfriend. Lucas Scott is so effing dreamy!

I love the "yummy" & "effing dreamy" as a common thread here!

Okay, now it's your turn. What would your answer be to this ONE QUESTION?


2 comments:

  1. I think that I would want to be Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy. I love that she just completely owns who she is and makes absolutely zero apologies about it. The way that she goes after what she wants with single minded tenacity is wonderful. I love her take no prisoners attitude. She is a woman on a mission and she really will do just about anything to reach her end goal. I know that she seems like a heartless bitch but sometimes being cold is better than being walked all over, taken for granted, and taken advantage of. Ain't no one taking advantage of Christina Yang! And beneath that cold exterior is a person who loves the people that are important to her with everything that she has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I would want to be myself in NBC's Grimm. I just would love to find a way to immerse myself in Nick's life and help him out. Also go visit Monroe. Oh if only he were single. Or maybe grab the role of Belle in Once Upon a Time. She loves books like me and sees the good in people.

    Sookie is a cool choice. Never watched One Tree Hill but Peyton sounds nice and grounded.

    ReplyDelete